August 17, 2019, 09:42:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ma.K.n' it since 2007!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Theme/Graphics  (Read 19796 times)
futch
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

« on: March 29, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »

This weekend the site will receive it's first upgrade affecting the colours and graphics. It will be a minimal upgrade, primarily affecting the colour scheme.

In the weeks that follow, the graphics will be finalised along with layout changes, completing version 1.0 of the forum release.

Thanks for your patience and tolerating 'baby' blue to-date ;-p

Cheers
Futch
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:58:51 AM by f u t c h » Logged

Homepage: futchFactor.com FaceBook/Skype: Futch Factor
futch
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »

Theme v1.0 has been rolled out.
Thanks to all who contributed suggestions and feedback.

F

JaM
Ma.K. Enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »

Very cool the grey-blue kuster on the dark red backgorund Grin

And I also like the color tones in general

futch
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »

heh. thanks!

in the up coming weeks we'll be implementing a system that will cycle through a set of varying banner graphics.
we'll also be changing the new post/no new post diamond into a mech unit silouhette.

F

nscol
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »

Very smart and easy on the eye as well. Smiley
dewberry1964
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »

ohhh man, love the new look. BRAVO!!! Grin Grin Grin

Kylwell
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »

Cool.

futch
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »

yeah i like it too.

BK came up with the general colour scheme (tan/red) and while I wielded the paintbrush and messed with the JPEGs.

I wasnt sure about the red, but it seems to work.

F

Kylwell
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »

I would have gone a little grayer on the red, but that may just be my monitor.

jwray
Ma.K. Fanatic

::ScratchModEling::

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »

Very nice, i like the colour and the Küster drawing, very cool! It's remind all the kit box design and style, like Bahaus way, the great 1920 german school that produce a lot of graphic and advertasing (Vassily Kandinsky come from this school).
This is this graphic and typographic way that inspired Kow for the box design!!! I read it in the SCI FI & Fantasy Modeler N°4. There is an article "SF3D  History", very interesting. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:01:27 AM by jwray » Logged

::wray::
Vargen666
Ma.K. Spammer

Cownose.

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 04:03:48 PM »

I must say I like it too, now.

And the red goes well with the shirt of captain Vic. Cheesy

End of the rainbow is coming in sight - Traveling at speeds, greater than light
dr_tak
Ma.K. Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 07:54:17 PM »

Nice effort. Smiley

Let me point out however that texts that are URLs in posts don't stand out enough. So, people can only see there is a link when accidentally mousing over said text. Undecided
kent
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »

Heya,

Great job done getting it to the next level. Conrats - it ain't easy.

My only neghead comments are that I find the bg pattern to be a bit too much like a 'parchment' kind of texture... though I know it's supposed to be a box paper texture I think maybe the pattern is more prominent than expected, and the thing that bugs me the most - though minor - is that I can see the repeat of the pattern. In my world, it the bg texture would maybe function a bit better if the saturation were reduced a bit or the tone were a bit warmer and I think this would pull it all into place a bit better. I guess I feel the saturation of the red banners and the bg pattern compete a bit...

I also feel the tones between the posts are a bit harsh... they would function a bit better if the y were bit more equal in value.

My only other comment - though not a graphic comment - would be that I see a slight conflict with labeling the whole public forum with the "maschinenkrueger" title. Though maschKrue hosts the forum, the forum is public while the maschKrue is a private site. It could be viewed as self promoting on the part of MaschKrue that it retains the name of MaschKrue and it might be better if the site were named something different.

2 cents.

But great job getting it back up! Well done.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:37:21 PM by kent » Logged
futch
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 11:37:15 PM »

Let me point out however that texts that are URLs in posts don't stand out enough. So, people can only see there is a link when accidentally mousing over said text. Undecided

we were discussing this earlier today and is on our top 5 to-dos.

My only neghead comments are that I find the bg pattern to be a bit too much like a 'parchment' kind of texture... though I know it's supposed to be a box paper texture I think maybe the pattern is more prominent than expected, and the thing that bugs me the most - though minor - is that I can see the repeat of the pattern. In my world, it the bg texture would maybe function a bit better if the saturation were reduced a bit or the tone were a bit warmer and I think this would pull it all into place a bit better. I guess I feel the saturation of the red banners and the bg pattern compete a bit...

I also feel the tones between the posts are a bit harsh... they would function a bit better if the y were bit more equal in value.

My only other comment - though not a graphic comment - would be that I see a slight conflict with labeling the whole public forum with the "maschinenkrueger" title. Though maschKrue hosts the forum, the forum is public while the maschKrue is a private site. It could be viewed as self promoting on the part of MaschKrue that it retains the name of MaschKrue and it might be better if the site were named something different.

2 cents.

2 cents? what currency? sheesh, about $45 I think Wink
you turn the Forum into some sort of art contest and line BK up for hosting the forum without a dime or time from your pocket.

the short answer is this - there are grand plans to have a generic MaK site. however, the urgency and necessity to get a functional PHP forum up and running outweighed the niceties of a concerted global advertising strategy and non-repeating tile texture ;p

cheers
futch

ps: i agree with your artistic observations and was aware of some while plodding away with PS on my laptop. feel free to create a bg tile yourself, low res, we'll use it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:13:41 AM by f u t c h » Logged

kent
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 07:44:46 AM »

you turn the Forum into some sort of art contest and line BK up for hosting the forum without a dime or time from your pocket.
Hey - not at all. When people ask for comments and I care I give them as honestly as I can. You asked for comments, so I gave a couple. If you're going to be offended when they come, please don't ask. I've already said that I think it's a really good job and a fantastic effort and I know PHP isn't easy, but... you also asked for comments. It's just my opinion.

I think it's fantastic that BK is hosting the forum and I'm thrilled to have it back up. Actually I think I offered several times to help out in some way, so it's not fair to say that. I was only pointing out what might be viewed by some as a conflict, but as long as he doesn't make us click through pop-ups that say "You are now at Brian Krueger's Maschinen Krueger, possibly the best Ma.K site on the internet! Cancel or Allow?" I don't care.

Again, great job done getting it to the next level. Conrats - it ain't easy. I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.
futch
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »

. When people ask for comments and I care I give them as honestly as I can. You asked for comments, so I gave a couple. If you're going to be offended when they come, please don't ask.

honesty is a good policy, but is typically tempered with consideration of the recipients.
we welcomed feedback and questions during the beta testing phase. site is live now.

thanks again.
F

PS: i will get to work on that tile today !

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 10:18:09 AM by f u t c h » Logged

Maschinen Krueger
Hey, it's BK.
Administrator
Ma.K. Spammer

You want MaK? This is how you get MaK!

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 10:05:55 AM »

Everyone knows MaschinenKrueger.com is the best Mak site in the world  Wink, baring any typos that is. So why would we need a pop up? Besides, who would click "Cancel".  Grin

At this point, the forum is up an running and life around here can continue on its steady path of MaK knowledge.

We aware or numerous minor tweaks that need to be addressed and will get to these as time permits.

If you notice any issues with the site functionality, please send us an email or PM.

Thank you all for signing up and getting a MaK community forum back on it's feet and baring with us while we get the minor items worked out.

Visit Krueger's Krieger
I'd rather see you build one than know you pre-ordered two.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: